We have seen over and over that white male historians in general have tended to dismiss any history ... - Adrienne Rich Quotes
Quote:We have seen over and over that white male historians in general have tended to dismiss any history they didn't themselves write,on the grounds that it is unserious, unscholarly, a fad, too "political," "merely" oral and thus unreliable. - Adrienne Rich Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I did a whole concert in Atlanta with my fly open, and I had a black suit on and a white shirt. My white shirt was protruding from the fly. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 6 11 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  I have found people on both sides of the aisle, white and black, that'll give you the shirt off their back. And I've also found people that won't give you a piece of bread if you're starving to death. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 4 11 hours ago
  The truth is that we're at a critical juncture in the history of our species and if we don't act soon, we could inhabit a world... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 8 Yesterday, 10:23 PM
  John McCain is now openly endorsing the policies of the Bush-Cheney White House and promising to actually continue the same policies over again? Hey, I believe in recycling but that's ridiculous. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 Yesterday, 10:15 PM
  We Americans write our own history. And the chapters of which we're proudest are the ones where we had the courage to change... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 10 08-17-2017, 10:03 PM