... if, as women, we accept a philosophy of history that asserts that women are by definition assimilated into the male... - Adrienne Rich Quotes
Quote:... if, as women, we accept a philosophy of history that asserts that women are by definition assimilated into the male universal,that we can understand our past through a male lens--if we are unaware that women even have a history--we live our lives similarly unanchored, drifting in response to a veering wind of myth and bias. - Adrienne Rich Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  But most men regard their life as a poem that women threaten. They may not have two spondees to rub together but they still want to pen their saga untrammelled... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 19 09-23-2017, 06:52 PM
Last Post: soni
  I can walk. It's just that I'm so rich I don't need to. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 25 09-23-2017, 06:51 PM
  Definition of a classic: a book everyone is assumed to have read and often thinks they have. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 23 09-22-2017, 10:38 AM
  ... Once I start a book I finish it. That was the way one was brought up. Books, bread and butter, mashed potato - one finishes what's on one's plate. That's always been my philosophy. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 23 09-22-2017, 10:31 AM
  It's subjunctive history. You know, the subjunctive? The mood used when something may or may not have happened. When it is imagined. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 11 09-22-2017, 10:24 AM