Gaiety is forgetfulness of the self, melancholy is memory of the self: in that state the soul feels all the power of its roots... - Adrienne Monnier Quotes
Quote:Gaiety is forgetfulness of the self, melancholy is memory of the self: in that state the soul feels all the power of its roots, nothing distracts it from its profound homeland and the look that it casts upon the outer world is gently dismayed. - Adrienne Monnier Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The camera can film my face but until it captures my soul, you don't have a movie, - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 3 Yesterday, 06:47 AM
Last Post: soni
  To exercise at or near capacity is the best way I know of reaching a true introspective state. If you do it right, it can open all kinds of inner doors. - Al Oerter Quotes soni 0 6 08-22-2017, 07:45 PM
  I have an old brain but a terrific memory. - Al Lewis Quotes soni 0 1 08-22-2017, 08:15 AM
  It's a coup by the GOP to grab the governorship to California to make this place a safe haven for George W. Bush in 2004. It's incredible when you think about it. The recall cost the state $100 million - Al Jardine Quotes soni 0 8 08-20-2017, 08:40 AM
  I would still be singing, because it's part of my heart and my soul, and it lifts me up. Find something you would do for free. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 2 08-19-2017, 11:03 PM