Human beings have a drive for security and safety, which is often what fuels the spiritual search... - Adyashanti Quotes
Quote:Human beings have a drive for security and safety, which is often what fuels the spiritual search. This very drive for security and safety is what causes so much misery and confusion. Freedom is a state of complete and absolute insecurity and not knowing. So, in seeking security and safety, you actually distance yourself from the freedom you want. There is no security in freedom, at least not in the sense that we normally think of security. This is, of course, why it is so free: there's nothing there to grab hold of. - Adyashanti Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I love driving; driving along the California coastline is the best drive in the world. - Al Jardine Quotes soni 0 2 2 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  That's the way I try to live. I think it's the only way for human beings at this point in our evolution as souls, where everyone in their lifetime is going through stuff. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 11:12 PM
  The climate, financial and national security crises are all connected. They share the same cause: Our [the USA's] absurd dependency on foreign oil... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 08-18-2017, 10:27 PM
  Remember that the problem is bigger than the car you drive or the types of lightbulbs in city hall... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 8 08-18-2017, 10:23 PM
  Israel has its own right as a nation to defend its national security. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 10 08-18-2017, 10:21 PM