Ego is the movement of the mind toward objects of perception in the form of grasping, and away from objects in the form of aversion... - Adyashanti Quotes
Quote:Ego is the movement of the mind toward objects of perception in the form of grasping, and away from objects in the form of aversion. This fundamentally is all the ego is. This movement of grasping and aversion gives rise to a sense of a separate 'me,' and in turn the sense of 'me' strengthens itself this way. - Adyashanti Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The gay rights movement of recent years has been an inspiring victory for humanity and it is in the tradition of the civil rights movement... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-15-2017, 10:46 PM
Last Post: soni
  I've come to realize that I perform best when I'm letting my subconscious mind hit the ball and my conscious mind is otherwise occupied. - Al Geiberger Quotes soni 0 7 08-12-2017, 10:33 PM
  I got interested in politics during the civil rights movement and then Vietnam. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 6 08-11-2017, 06:57 AM
  The civil rights movement was very important in my house, and then Vietnam was very important 'cause there were two boys, so I came of age during a very heated political climate. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 10 08-10-2017, 07:36 PM
  There's no comparison between NPR and the propaganda that you hear from Rush or from Sean Hannity, the news movement conservatives... - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 8 08-10-2017, 07:07 PM