Inherent in the impulse to be free, is insecurity. The impulse to be free comes from outside of the mind, and because of this... - Adyashanti Quotes
Quote:Inherent in the impulse to be free, is insecurity. The impulse to be free comes from outside of the mind, and because of this, it makes the mind feel very insecure. Most spiritual seekers move away from this insecurity by seeking and striving for a distant spiritual goal. That's how they avoid feeling insecure. - Adyashanti Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's the one species I wouldn't mind seeing vanish from the face of the earth. I wish they were like the White Rhinosix of them left in the Serengeti National Park, and all males. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 16 09-23-2017, 06:26 PM
Last Post: soni
  I write plays about things that I can't resolve in my mind. I try to root things out. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 20 09-23-2017, 06:13 PM
  I'm all in favour of free expression provided it's kept rigidly under control. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 17 09-22-2017, 10:35 AM
  Loyalty in a free society depends upon the toleration of disloyalty. - Alan Barth Quotes soni 0 14 09-19-2017, 10:36 PM
  Character assassination is at once easier and surer than physical assault; and it involves far less risk for the assassin. It leaves him free to commit the same ... - Alan Barth Quotes soni 0 15 09-19-2017, 10:34 PM