Human prosperity never rests but always craves more, till blown up with pride it totters and falls... - Aeschylus Quotes
Quote:Human prosperity never rests but always craves more, till blown up with pride it totters and falls. From the opulent mansions pointed at by all passers-by none warns it away, none cries, 'Let no more riches enter!'. - Aeschylus Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The fruit falls off the tree. You don't shake it off before it's ready to fall. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 4 Yesterday, 06:53 AM
Last Post: soni
  You sharpen the human appetite to the point where it can split atoms with its desire; you build egos the size of cathedrals... - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 2 Yesterday, 06:53 AM
  Before Alar, there was EDB, a potent human carcinogen allowed in the grain supply and other food for more than a decade after it was known to be dangerous... - Al Meyerhoff Quotes soni 0 6 08-22-2017, 08:27 AM
  I don't think any decent human being enjoys recruiting. - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 5 08-20-2017, 06:40 PM
  I was age six or seven, and singing, "Jesus wants me for her son, beep, to shine for him," and people smiled and pinched my cheeks till the blood vessels broke, and I knew I was doing something right. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 8 08-19-2017, 11:13 PM