Expect no reward when you serve the wicked, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pain - Aesop Quotes
Quote:Expect no reward when you serve the wicked, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pain - Aesop Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The notion that the church, the press, and the universities should serve the state is essentially a Communist notion. In a free society these institutions must be wholly free ... - Alan Barth Quotes soni 0 16 09-19-2017, 10:33 PM
Last Post: soni
  I think of a plot, I think of an idea, and then I wonder, How can I get that onto the stage?... Whatever devices you use should always be there to serve the theme... - Alan Ayckbourn Quotes soni 0 12 09-19-2017, 10:23 PM
  On n'e chappe pas a' son sort. One cannot escape destiny. - Alain Robbe-Grillet Quotes soni 0 16 09-14-2017, 12:40 PM
  If cynicism and love lie at opposite ends of a spectrum, do we not sometimes fall in love in order to escape the debilitating cynicism to which we are prone?... - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 17 09-13-2017, 09:53 AM
  Unnatural to expect that learning to be happy should be any easier than, say, learning to play the violin or require any less practice. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 8 09-12-2017, 11:32 PM