A wild boar was sharpening his tusks upon the trunk of a tree in the forest when a fox came by and asked... - Aesop Quotes
Quote:A wild boar was sharpening his tusks upon the trunk of a tree in the forest when a fox came by and asked, Why are you doing that, pray? The huntsmen are not out today and there are no other dangers at hand that I can see. True, my friend, replied the Boar, but the instant my life is in danger, I shall need to use my tusks. There will be no time to sharpen them then. - Aesop Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It seems an easy choice - sacrifice the tree for a human life - until one learns that three trees must be destroyed for each patient treated... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 12 08-17-2017, 07:15 AM
Last Post: soni
  The symbolism - and the substantive significance - of planting a tree has universal power in every culture and every society on Earth... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 10 08-17-2017, 07:08 AM
  There are some bright spots, to be sure, but the internet is still in a Wild West phase, as was the case during the early age of the printing press as well. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 08-16-2017, 07:58 AM
  I affirm my faith when I'm asked about it. But I always try to do so in a way that communicates absolute respect, not only for people... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 08-15-2017, 07:18 AM
  Harvard's Kennedy School of Government asked me to serve as a fellow at its Shorenstein Center on the Press, Politics, and Public Policy... - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 8 08-11-2017, 10:18 PM