If these town gods can't detect the thieves who steal from their own temples, it's hardly likely they'll tell me who stole my spade. - Aesop Quotes
Quote:If these town gods can't detect the thieves who steal from their own temples, it's hardly likely they'll tell me who stole my spade. - Aesop Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A natural disaster in one American city is a natural disaster in every American city, including Fresno and, for that matter, every city and small town in the San Joaquin Valley, - Alan Autry Quotes soni 0 15 09-19-2017, 10:14 PM
Last Post: soni
  I'm in the real world, some people try to steal from me, and I stop them, frequently, take them to court. I love a good lawsuit. It's fun. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 12 09-17-2017, 11:12 PM
  We used to build temples, and museums are about as close as secular society dares to go in facing up to the idea that a good building can change your life (and a bad one ruin it). - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 14 09-13-2017, 09:54 AM
  If the world had two gods, it would surely go to ruin-this is the first premise. Now it is known that it has not gone to ruin-this is the second premise... - Al-Ghazali Quotes soni 0 17 09-01-2017, 06:09 PM
  In the '80s, I was the only game in town, I was the only one getting that kind of exposure in any rotation on MTV. Now with internet culture it seems like everyone is doing music parodies. And they're not all good! - Al Yankovic Quotes soni 0 8 08-30-2017, 06:42 AM