Pray do not grieve so; but go and take a stone, and place it in the hole, and fancy that the gold is still lying there... - Aesop Quotes
Quote:Pray do not grieve so; but go and take a stone, and place it in the hole, and fancy that the gold is still lying there. It will do you quite the same service; for when the gold was there, you had it not, as you did not make the slightest use of it. - Aesop Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cloisters, ancient libraries ... I was confusing learning with the smell of cold stone. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 17 09-23-2017, 06:09 PM
Last Post: soni
  We have fish and chips, which W. and I fetch from the shop in Settle market-place. Some local boys come in and there is a bit of chat between... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 8 09-23-2017, 05:58 PM
  I think the world is a place for oddballs and freaks. I'm only interested in oddballs and freaks as characters. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 17 09-20-2017, 07:26 PM
  What then are doing if not creating a better place together? I think, for me the key has to be, what do I want to create? What is it I want to leave behind? - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 10 09-18-2017, 09:25 PM
  If you don't listen deeply, the connection won't take place.... [You have to be] willing to be changed by the person you're listening to... - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 12 09-18-2017, 09:23 PM