Besides the progress of industry and technique, we see a growing discontent among the masses; we see, besides the expansion... - African Spir Quotes
Quote:Besides the progress of industry and technique, we see a growing discontent among the masses; we see, besides the expansion ("expansion,", Fr.) of instruction, distrust and hatred expanding among nations ("s'étendre la méfiance et la haine entre," Fr.), that vie with one another ("qui rivalisent à l'envi," Fr.), by the increase of their armies and the improvement of their engines of murder ("engins meurtriers", Fr.). - African Spir Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'd seen 'Interview with A Vampire' and saw Dracula movies growing up, but I never thought, 'I love vampires; I have to do a show about vampires.' - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 17 09-20-2017, 07:27 PM
Last Post: soni
  I am a little suspicious of industry paradigms. I feel like so many movies and TV shows feel so familiar because of over-reliance on these paradigms. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 21 09-20-2017, 07:19 PM
  Tolerance of diversity is imperative, because without it, life would lose its savor. Progress in the arts, in the sciences, in the patterns of social adjustment... - Alan Barth Quotes soni 0 13 09-19-2017, 10:35 PM
  Either you're growing or you're decaying; there's no middle ground. If you're standing still, you're decaying. - Alan Arkin Quotes soni 0 14 09-15-2017, 10:50 AM
  It was no longer her absence that wounded me, but my growing indifference to it. Forgetting, however calming, was also a reminder of infidelity to what I had at one time held so dear. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 10 09-08-2017, 08:26 PM