It goes without saying that only inner greatness possess a true value ("une valeur véritable,", Fr.) ... - African Spir Quotes
Quote:It goes without saying that only inner greatness possess a true value ("une valeur véritable,", Fr.) . Any attempt to rise up (or at rising up, - "s'élever", Fr.) outwardly above others, or to want (or wish) to impose one's superiority, denote a lack of moral greatness, since we do not try to replace ("suppléer", Fr.) in that way (.... in French "par là", Fr.) to what, if we did really possess it, would have no need whatsoever to flaunt itself. - African Spir Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You know there's an old african proverb that i made up. if you want to go quickly, go alone. if you want to go far, go together. we need to go far, quickly - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 08-16-2017, 08:05 AM
Last Post: soni
  I take no pleasure in the fact that the scientific predictions I've relayed to popular audiences turn out to be true. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 08-16-2017, 07:43 AM
  My parents were true believers in the efficacy of American constitutional democracy, and I was thoroughly inculcated with reverence... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 08-15-2017, 10:18 PM
  The rule of reason is the true sovereign in the American system. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 08-15-2017, 09:55 PM
  There is an old African proverb that says if you want to go quickly, go alone, if you want to go far, go together... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 08-14-2017, 10:25 PM