To be effective, morality has to be reasoned (or worked out). To want ("vouloir", Fr.) to repress evil only by coercion... - African Spir Quotes
Quote:To be effective, morality has to be reasoned (or worked out). To want ("vouloir", Fr.) to repress evil only by coercion, and to obtain morality by a sort of training with the help of constraint, without motivating it from within, is to make it an unnatural result, devoided of lastind value. - African Spir Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The place that I worked I used to joke about it. There was a, every morning at 10:30 I'd come into work and I'd go into this cubicle... - Al Kooper Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 06:38 AM
Last Post: soni
  Yes, my grandfather worked with Thomas Edison on the electric car, and he sold electric cars at the 1900 World's Fair in Paris. - Al Jardine Quotes soni 0 12 08-20-2017, 08:45 AM
  You know there's an old african proverb that i made up. if you want to go quickly, go alone. if you want to go far, go together. we need to go far, quickly - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 08-16-2017, 08:05 AM
  Having worked on climate crisis for almost 40 years now, I've seen good days and bad days... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 08-15-2017, 07:20 AM
  There is an old African proverb that says if you want to go quickly, go alone, if you want to go far, go together... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 08-14-2017, 10:25 PM