See that unfortunate soldier who is falling hurt to death ("tombe blessé à...", Fr.) on the battlefield... - African Spir Quotes
Quote:See that unfortunate soldier who is falling hurt to death ("tombe blessé à...", Fr.) on the battlefield; he learns that his folks have vanquished and dies happy. He detached himself from himself (s'est détacher de lui-même", Fr.), has identified himself with something greater and more lasting than himself; his homeland ("patrie", Fr.); thus, while dying as an individual, he has the certainty to survive in a larger existence. - African Spir Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Make your life exciting. Do what you have to do as long as you don't hurt people. - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 4 4 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  I have found people on both sides of the aisle, white and black, that'll give you the shirt off their back. And I've also found people that won't give you a piece of bread if you're starving to death. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 06:42 AM
  George Orwell once wrote that a false belief sooner or later collides with physical reality, usually on a battlefield. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 13 08-18-2017, 10:24 PM
  You know there's an old african proverb that i made up. if you want to go quickly, go alone. if you want to go far, go together. we need to go far, quickly - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 08-16-2017, 08:05 AM
  I support the death penalty. I think that it has to be administered not only fairly, with attention to things like DNA evidence... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 08-14-2017, 10:36 PM