In ancient times, any man rising up above the common people tried to shape his life according to his principles... - African Spir Quotes
Quote:In ancient times, any man rising up above the common people tried to shape his life according to his principles; it is no longer like than now; it is (because) for the ancients, moral was a principle of inner life, whereas in our days, most of the time one is content to adhere to an official moral, that we recognize in theory, but that one does not care to put into practice. - African Spir Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Life is an art, not a science. You make it up as you go along. - Al Hirschfeld Quotes soni 0 0 2 minutes ago
Last Post: soni
  Some people believe that fairness comes with obeying the rules. I'm one of those people. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 0 5 minutes ago
  If I could live my life all over I'd do everything the same; the film in my camera would remain the same; there's no way lord, to leave this love behind. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 0 5 minutes ago
  People still come up to me and ask me to sign their records. That's right, records! Man, they don't even make records no more! - Al Green Quotes soni 0 1 10 minutes ago
  The music is the message, the message is the music. So that's my little ministry that the Big Man upstairs gave to me - a little ministry called love and happiness. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 1 12 minutes ago