In the actual state of social relationships, the forms ("formes", Fr.) of politeness are necessary as a subsitute to benevolence. - African Spir Quotes
Quote:In the actual state of social relationships, the forms ("formes", Fr.) of politeness are necessary as a subsitute to benevolence. - African Spir Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My experience came before most of you were born. My school was a state school in Leeds and the headmaster usually sent students... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 12 09-22-2017, 10:25 AM
Last Post: soni
  Directing is physically exciting because there's a ticking clock, you're working with people, it's very social, it's very enjoyable. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 20 09-20-2017, 07:20 PM
  Happy relationships are boring. We all want them in our own life. But I don't want to watch them on TV. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 17 09-20-2017, 07:20 PM
  I try to tell the best story, and the story that has some heart and some genuine terror and some social commentary and some comedy and some romance and some sex and some violence. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 12 09-20-2017, 07:12 PM
  Well, here's the thing with relationships on 'True Blood': Once they happen then you have to throw a monkey-wrench into them, because to have people be happy is not that exciting. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 14 09-20-2017, 07:11 PM