There was a moment when I changed from an amateur to a professional. I assumed the burden of a profession... - Agatha Christie Quotes
Quote:There was a moment when I changed from an amateur to a professional. I assumed the burden of a profession, which is to write even when you don't want to, don't much like what you're writing, and aren't writing particularly well - Agatha Christie Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Definition of a classic: a book everyone is assumed to have read and often thinks they have. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 22 09-22-2017, 10:38 AM
Last Post: soni
  It's a lot harder to find fault with the mundane details of daily existence when you really, really know on a cellular level that you're going to go, and that this moment, right now, is life... - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 12 09-21-2017, 11:37 PM
  I've sat looking down into a volcano that could blow at any moment; I've helped catch a shark and several rattlesnakes; I let a tarantula walk across my hand, and I ate rat soup. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 15 09-18-2017, 09:28 PM
  I found I wasn't asking good enough questions because I assumed I knew something. I would box them into a corner with a badly formed question, and they didn't know how to get out of it... - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 18 09-18-2017, 09:27 PM
  If you don't listen deeply, the connection won't take place.... [You have to be] willing to be changed by the person you're listening to... - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 12 09-18-2017, 09:23 PM