That was what, ultimately, war did to you. It was not the physical dangers--the mines at sea, the bombs from the air... - Agatha Christie Quotes
Quote:That was what, ultimately, war did to you. It was not the physical dangers--the mines at sea, the bombs from the air, the crisp ping of a rifle bullet as you drove over a desert track. No, it was the spiritual danger of learning how much easier life was if you ceased to think. - Agatha Christie Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have never understood disliking for war. It panders to instincts already catered for within the scope of any respectable domestic establishment. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 15 09-23-2017, 06:49 PM
Last Post: soni
  I've never seen the point of the sea, except where it meets the land. The shore has a point. The sea has none. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 16 09-23-2017, 06:23 PM
  Why do we not care to acknowledge them? The cattle, the body count. We still don't like to admit the war was even partly... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 17 09-23-2017, 06:09 PM
  Ultimately, physical resemblance isn't as important as whether this person can bring this character to life in a way that's compelling and makes me care about what happens to them. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 24 09-20-2017, 07:21 PM
  Character assassination is at once easier and surer than physical assault; and it involves far less risk for the assassin. It leaves him free to commit the same ... - Alan Barth Quotes soni 0 16 09-19-2017, 10:34 PM