You are the patient one, Mademoiselle,' said Poirot to Miss Debenham. She shrugged her shoulders slightly... - Agatha Christie Quotes
Quote:You are the patient one, Mademoiselle,' said Poirot to Miss Debenham. She shrugged her shoulders slightly. 'What else can one do?' You are a philosopher, Mademoiselle.' That implies a detached attitude. I think my attitude is more selfish. I have learned to save myself useless emotion. - Agatha Christie Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One's doing well if age improves even slightly one's capacity to hold on to that vital truism: "This too shall pass. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 16 09-08-2017, 08:39 PM
Last Post: soni
  There's a whole category of people who miss out by not allowing themselves to be weird enough. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 6 09-08-2017, 08:24 PM
  There is real danger of a disconnect between what's on your business card and who you are deep inside, and it's not a disconnect that the world is ready to be patient with. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 20 09-06-2017, 05:46 PM
  My heart is at ease knowing that what was meant for me will never miss me, and that what misses me was never meant for me. - Al-Shafi'i Quotes soni 0 5 09-04-2017, 12:43 PM
  To get what you love, you must first be patient with what you hate. - Al-Ghazali Quotes soni 0 10 09-01-2017, 05:40 PM