Vous eprouves trop d'emotion, Hastings, It affects your hands and your wits. Is that a way to fold a coat?... - Agatha Christie Quotes
Quote:Vous eprouves trop d'emotion, Hastings, It affects your hands and your wits. Is that a way to fold a coat? And regard what you have done to my pyjamas. If the hairwash breaks what will befall them?' 'Good heavens, Poirot,' I cried, 'this is a matter of life and death. What does it matter what happens to our clothes?' 'You have no sense of proportion Hastings. We cannot catch a train earlier than the time that it leaves, and to ruin one's clothes will not be the least helpful in preventing a murder. - Agatha Christie Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At the drabber moments of my life (swilling some excrement from the steps, for instance, or rooting with a bent coat-hanger down a blocked sink) thoughts occur like... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 15 09-22-2017, 10:26 AM
Last Post: soni
  The important thing is that he shook hands with us over the phone. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 9 09-20-2017, 07:07 PM
  There cannot be any communication except through form. If there is no form, you cannot create emotion in the spectator. - Alain Resnais Quotes soni 0 7 09-14-2017, 12:31 PM
  The telephone becomes an instrument of torture in the demonic hands of a beloved who doesn't call. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 21 09-06-2017, 05:50 PM
  For a politics of emancipation, the enemy that is to be feared most is not repression at the hands of the established order. It is the interiority of nihilism, and the unbounded cruelty that can come with its emptiness. - Alain Badiou Quotes soni 0 11 09-06-2017, 07:32 AM