Television in the 1960s & 70s had just as much dross and the programmes were a lot more tediously patronising than they are now... - A. A. Gill Quotes
Quote:Television in the 1960s & 70s had just as much dross and the programmes were a lot more tediously patronising than they are now. Memory truncates occasional gems into a glittering skein of brilliance. More television, more channels means more good television and, of course, more bad. The same equation applies to publishing, film and, I expect, sumo wrestling. - A. A. Gill Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's a lot harder to find fault with the mundane details of daily existence when you really, really know on a cellular level that you're going to go, and that this moment, right now, is life... - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 12 09-21-2017, 11:37 PM
Last Post: soni
  The difference between film and TV is the pace. You don't have the leisure of time in television. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 18 09-20-2017, 07:29 PM
  I'm used to American actors who have a movie career thinking television acting is beneath them. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 14 09-20-2017, 07:24 PM
  Television viewing has become for me a completely different experience, because I don't watch shows on a weekly basis... - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 12 09-20-2017, 07:11 PM
  A lot of times, the choice of the right song will save a scene. Or there will be a scene that's a little flat and you put in the right song and somehow it just comes alive. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 13 09-20-2017, 07:10 PM