What have we got here in America that we believe we cannot live without? We have the most varied and imaginative... - Agnes de Mille Quotes
Quote:What have we got here in America that we believe we cannot live without? We have the most varied and imaginative bathrooms in the world, we have kitchens with the most gimmicks, we have houses with every possible electrical gadget to save ourselves all kinds of trouble - all so that we can have leisure. Leisure, leisure, leisure! So that we don't go mad in the leisure, we have color TV. So that there will never, never, be a moment of silence, we have radio and Muzak. We can't stand silence, because silence includes thinking. And if we thought, we would have to face ourselves. - Agnes de Mille Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In the United States of America, unfortunately we still live in a bubble of unreality. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 7 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  In the United States of America, unfortunately we still live in a bubble of unreality. And the Category 5 denial is an enormous obstacle... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 11 Yesterday, 07:30 AM
  (George Bush) betrayed this country! He played on our fears. He took America on an ill-conceived foreign adventure dangerous to our troops, an adventure preordained and planned before 9/11 ever took place! - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-16-2017, 10:28 PM
  I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 08-16-2017, 10:02 PM
  American democracy is in grave danger from the changes in the environment in which ideas either live and spread or wither and die. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 08-16-2017, 08:10 AM