I walk up a dune to a beach and look out to sea, but it's 100km away. The ships lie askew in their dry beds, at anchor for ever... - A. A. Gill Quotes
Quote:I walk up a dune to a beach and look out to sea, but it's 100km away. The ships lie askew in their dry beds, at anchor for ever. Today is my son's birthday. Thousands of miles from here, his healthy lungs are blowing out candles. I should be there but I'm here with another boy, who puts his face close to mine and laughs. I smile back but realise he can't see it, because I'm wearing an antiseptic muzzles to protect me from his breath. - A. A. Gill Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Throughout most of my life, I raised tobacco. I want you to know that my own hands, all of my life, I put in the plant beds and transferred it!... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 Today, 07:15 AM
Last Post: soni
  If we walk down the sidewalk of any street in America a significant number of the people we pass by, if we dug into what they're going through... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 08-14-2017, 10:15 PM
  Skepticism turns to cynicism, which leads to apathy and despair, which can cause sleeplessness, dry-mouth, and loss of sex drive. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 9 08-11-2017, 07:14 AM
  One lie has the power to tarnish a thousand truths. - Al Davis Quotes soni 0 2 08-09-2017, 10:24 PM
  Anyone who can walk to the welfare office can walk to work. - Al Capp Quotes soni 0 8 08-09-2017, 04:22 PM