It's a great historical joke that when the Spanish met the Aztecs, it was a blind date made in serve-you-right heaven. At the time, ... - A. A. Gill Quotes
Quote:It's a great historical joke that when the Spanish met the Aztecs, it was a blind date made in serve-you-right heaven. At the time, they were the two most unpleasant cultures in the entire world, and richly deserved each other. Still, the story of how stout Cortes blustered, bullied and bludgeoned his way to collapsing an entire empire with a handful of contagious hoodlums is astonishing. - A. A. Gill Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The UK is one of the only nations on earth that has actually met and even exceeded its goals under the Kyoto Protocol. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 10 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  In a free society, there comes a time when the truth - however hard it may be to hear, however impolitic it may seem to say - must be told. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 Yesterday, 09:51 PM
  Those who are quick to feel disrespected often have a spiritual vacuum in their lives, because they feel disconnected to the love of their Father in Heaven. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 Yesterday, 06:47 AM
  I'm not trying to top anything. I'm trying to be useful, to play a positive role, to serve the public interest. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-16-2017, 10:27 PM
  It is just human nature to take time to connect the dots, I know that. But I also know that there can be a day of reckoning when you wish you had connected the dots more quickly. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 08-16-2017, 10:22 PM