I want to emphasize the fact that we all have the same experience and the same concern, but the artist must know exactly what the experience is... - Agnes Martin Quotes
Quote:I want to emphasize the fact that we all have the same experience and the same concern, but the artist must know exactly what the experience is. He must pursue the truth relentlessly. Once he sees this fact his feet are on the path. If you want to know the truth you will know it. The manipulation of materials in an artwork is a result of this state of mind. The artist works by awareness of his own state of mind. - Agnes Martin Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We sometimes emphasize the danger in a crisis without focusing on the opportunities that are there. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 2 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  I've kind of fallen out of love with politics. ... Whatever experience and talents I've gained over the years I think it may well be that the highest... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 11 hours ago
  We sometimes emphasize the danger in a crisis without focusing on the opportunities that are there... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 08:15 AM
  In the age of the internet, with all of its problems, over time, the very fact that individuals can join the conversation creates the opportunity for the emergence of - for the re-emergence of a genuine conversation of democracy. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
  I take no pleasure in the fact that the scientific predictions I've relayed to popular audiences turn out to be true. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 Yesterday, 07:43 AM