There was no escape from the letter-writer who, a hundred or a hundred and twenty-five years ago, captured a coveted correspondent... - Agnes Repplier Quotes
Quote:There was no escape from the letter-writer who, a hundred or a hundred and twenty-five years ago, captured a coveted correspondent. It would have been as easy to shake off an octopus or a boa-constrictor. - Agnes Repplier Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We need a war every 10 years, so we can stay match fit in case the Germans try again. - Al Murray Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 09:55 AM
Last Post: soni
  I'm half-Mexican - get used to it 'cause in about five to 10 years, you're all gonna be related to one... - Al Madrigal Quotes soni 0 1 Yesterday, 09:52 AM
  The struggle goes on. The victory is in the struggle, for me. And I accepted that a long time ago. - Al Lewis Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 08:20 AM
  I probably worked every single entertainment medium, including some that don't exist. I worked the circus, carnival, I had my own medicine show, I worked 18 years of radio. - Al Lewis Quotes soni 0 2 Yesterday, 08:16 AM
  Unlike so many Dylan-writer-wannabes and phony 'encyclopedia' compilers, Sean Wilentz makes me feel he was in the room when... - Al Kooper Quotes soni 0 8 08-21-2017, 06:37 AM