the tea-hour is the hour of peace ... strife is lost in the hissing of the kettle - a tranquilizing sound, second only to the purring of a cat. - Agnes Repplier Quotes
Quote:the tea-hour is the hour of peace ... strife is lost in the hissing of the kettle - a tranquilizing sound, second only to the purring of a cat. - Agnes Repplier Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I was an only child. I lost both my parents. By the time I was twenty I was bald. I'm homosexual. In the way of circumstances and background to transcend I had everything an artist could possibly want... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 21 09-22-2017, 10:35 AM
Last Post: soni
  Art comes out of art; it begins with imitation, often in the form of parody, and it's in the process of imitating the voice of others that one comes to learn the sound of one's own. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 11 09-22-2017, 10:27 AM
  I always choose to look, as much as one can, at the supernatural not being something that exists outside of nature, but a deeper, fundamental heart of nature that perhaps humans have lost touch with... - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 14 09-21-2017, 11:37 PM
  The one hour live debate in the West Wing that we did was one of the most exciting times for me on stage or on camera, because anything could go wrong. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 24 09-18-2017, 09:34 PM
  In the midst of the sense of tragedy or loss, sometimes laughter is not only healing, it's a way of experiencing the person that you've lost again. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 16 09-18-2017, 09:31 PM