It is the steady and merciless increase of occupations, the augmented speed at which we are always trying to live... - Agnes Repplier Quotes
Quote:It is the steady and merciless increase of occupations, the augmented speed at which we are always trying to live, the crowding of each day with more work than it can profitably hold, which has cost us, among other things, the undisturbed enjoyment of friends. Friendship takes time, and we have no time to give it. - Agnes Repplier Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We live in a time where there's an alienation factor. There's a certain disconnection. We don't have any real sense of community anymore. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 15 09-21-2017, 11:43 PM
Last Post: soni
  We live in a patriarchal culture. It's okay for women to be objectified but not for men. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 14 09-21-2017, 11:41 PM
  I'm from the South, so while I personally find it impossible to live there, I still have a fondness for it as a geographical region. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 15 09-20-2017, 07:28 PM
  Most of us live in artificial environments and then we go to work in artificial environments and the world becomes something that you see through a window. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 10 09-20-2017, 07:08 PM
  History has spurts and then is steady, and then maybe even backing up a step, and then forward again. - Alan Bean Quotes soni 0 14 09-19-2017, 10:43 PM