It would indeed be a great delusion, if we stated that those sports of Nature [we find] enclosed in rocks are there by chance... - Agostino Scilla Quotes
Quote:It would indeed be a great delusion, if we stated that those sports of Nature [we find] enclosed in rocks are there by chance or by some vague creative power. Ah, that would be superficial indeed! In reality, those shells, which once were alive in water and are now dead and decomposed, were made thus by time not Nature; and what we now find as very hard, figured stone, was once soft mud and which received the impression of the shape of a shell, as I have frequently demonstrated. - Agostino Scilla Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It is just human nature to take time to connect the dots, I know that. But I also know that there can be a day of reckoning when you wish you had connected the dots more quickly. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 9 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  The fate of mankind, as well as religion, depends on the emergence of a new faith in the future. Armed with such a faith, we might find it possible to resanctify the earth. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 Yesterday, 08:03 AM
  It's not unusual to find big political shifts that take place beneath the surface before they're visible above the surface. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 Yesterday, 07:52 AM
  I'm naturally an optimist, but my basis for hope is rooted in my understanding of human nature. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 07:29 AM
  The spiritual sense of our place in nature... can be traced to the origins of human civilization... The last vestige of organized goddess worship was eliminated by Christianity. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 08-15-2017, 10:22 PM