She had been wrong to think it wouldn't matter that much to him, yes,He took her for granted, of course he did... - Ahdaf Soueif Quotes
Quote:She had been wrong to think it wouldn't matter that much to him, yes,He took her for granted, of course he did , but he took her for granted - not like an old coat in the corner of a dark cupboard, as she'd put it to herself , but like the very air that he breathed. - Ahdaf Soueif Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If they'd been working with Alec Guinness, for instance, they wouldn't have known they were born if they'd not towed the line! - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 29 09-23-2017, 07:03 PM
Last Post: soni
  It seems to me the mark of a civilized society that certain privileges should be taken for granted such as education, health care and the safety to walk the streets. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 28 09-23-2017, 06:55 PM
  It's the one species I wouldn't mind seeing vanish from the face of the earth. I wish they were like the White Rhinosix of them left in the Serengeti National Park, and all males. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 16 09-23-2017, 06:26 PM
  We started off trying to set up a small anarchist community, but people wouldn't obey the rules. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 15 09-22-2017, 10:17 AM
  Racism is ridiculous no matter where it's coming from. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 14 09-21-2017, 11:40 PM