Egypt.mother of civilization, dreaming herself through the centuries. Dreaming us all, her children: those who stay and work... - Ahdaf Soueif Quotes
Quote:Egypt.mother of civilization, dreaming herself through the centuries. Dreaming us all, her children: those who stay and work for her and complain of her, and those who leave and yearn for her and blame her with bitterness for driving them away. - Ahdaf Soueif Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Were we closer to the ground as children, or is the grass emptier now? - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 20 09-22-2017, 10:34 AM
Last Post: soni
  Children always assume the sexual lives of their parents come to a grinding halt at their conception. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 19 09-22-2017, 10:34 AM
  We were put to Dickens as children but it never quite took. That unremitting humanity soon had me cheesed off. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 17 09-22-2017, 10:29 AM
  I saw someone peeing in Jermym Street the other day. I thought, is this the end of civilization as we know it? Or is it simply someone peeing in Jermyn Street? - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 14 09-22-2017, 10:14 AM
  What I'm above all primarily concerned with is the substance of life, the pith of reality. If I had to sum up my work, I suppose that's it really: I'm taking the pith out of reality. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 13 09-22-2017, 10:13 AM