Despite all the dire predictions made in 2001, the Afghans have given the international community, its aid workers and soldiers... - Ahmed Rashid Quotes
Quote:Despite all the dire predictions made in 2001, the Afghans have given the international community, its aid workers and soldiers a large window of opportunity to repair the damage done by 25 years of war. That window, which has stayed open for nearly five years, with amazing good will from the Afghans, is threatening to close unless the world wakes up and deals with the crisis. - Ahmed Rashid Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I was an organizer in the Food, Agricultural and Tobacco Workers Union down in North Carolina. - Al Lewis Quotes soni 0 5 4 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  I believe in a business boarding up early. If you make a mistake, you put the boards in the window of the store and say, "Hey, I made a mistake." ... - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 3 08-20-2017, 06:29 PM
  A lot in the faith-based community, a lot of fundamentalist groups are - are now saying, you know, the Earth is the lord and the fullness there of, and we have an obligation to be good stewards of the planet. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 08-18-2017, 09:53 PM
  I remember as a boy when the conversation on civil rights was won in the South. I remember a time when one of my friends made a racist joke and another said, 'Hey man, we don't go for that anymore.' - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-18-2017, 09:49 PM
  Iraq does pose a serious threat to the stability of the Persian Gulf and we should organize an international coalition to eliminate his access... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-18-2017, 09:47 PM