I think within a year or so, perhaps, if 9/11 had not happened, in Afghanistan would have been a very broad-based general uprising against the Taliban. - Ahmed Rashid Quotes
Quote:I think within a year or so, perhaps, if 9/11 had not happened, in Afghanistan would have been a very broad-based general uprising against the Taliban. - Ahmed Rashid Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm not an alcoholic, I am freedom fighter against the teetotal taliban. - Al Murray Quotes soni 0 5 08-22-2017, 09:55 AM
Last Post: soni
  The first thing I noticed about him was that he was born the same year I was drafted. ... That's a pretty scary thought. - Al MacInnis Quotes soni 0 9 08-22-2017, 08:26 AM
  I started in the music business I was first introduced to 1650 Broadway, uh, which was in reality where everything happened in the '60s. - Al Kooper Quotes soni 0 16 08-21-2017, 06:40 AM
  I sat on the piano bench next to my mother in church. Something happened before I set foot on this planet. I was crawling around inside of her. She was a church pianist. My dad was a brilliant singer. I was hearing it. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 9 08-19-2017, 11:13 PM
  I never know what to tell young people when they come here. It could never happen for anyone they way it happened for me. It was all an accident. - Al Hirschfeld Quotes soni 0 9 08-19-2017, 07:05 AM