Some Pakistanis fought for the Taliban. Pakistani extremist groups provided infrastructural support to Al Qaeda... - Ahmed Rashid Quotes
Quote:Some Pakistanis fought for the Taliban. Pakistani extremist groups provided infrastructural support to Al Qaeda. There was a coming and going of Al Qaeda militants and leaders between Afghanistan and Pakistan for several years. All that has really happened is that Al Qaeda has escaped from Afghanistan come into Pakistan, got in touch with their contacts and friends in these extremist groups, which then provided them with safe houses, cars, and not just in the border areas but also in the cities. Rooting out Al Qaeda in Pakistan now is where the main battle is being fought. - Ahmed Rashid Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm all in favour of free expression provided it's kept rigidly under control. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 17 09-22-2017, 10:35 AM
Last Post: soni
  I support public and private partnerships whenever appropriate in order to achieve our goal of a prosperous and vibrant downtown. - Alan Autry Quotes soni 0 7 09-19-2017, 10:11 PM
  I played guitar. I've always considered myself an actor, but I wasn't making a living as an actor. So I was in a couple of folk groups that managed to keep me in underwear and burritos. - Alan Arkin Quotes soni 0 22 09-15-2017, 10:49 AM
  The last two years, nationals have been close to home for me, so I've had big family support from friends and club support... - Alaine Chartrand Quotes soni 0 10 09-15-2017, 10:28 AM
  I had fought on behalf of man against the sea, but I realized that it had become more urgent to fight on behalf of the sea against men. - Alain Bombard Quotes soni 0 10 09-05-2017, 09:59 PM