You have a lot of suspicion from the neighbors of Afghanistan about U.S. intentions... - Ahmed Rashid Quotes
Quote:You have a lot of suspicion from the neighbors of Afghanistan about U.S. intentions. Iran is already, to some extent, trying to undermine the U.S. in Afghanistan. Russia is now becoming increasingly nervous about a more permanent U.S. presence in Central Asia. And China is not keen that the U.S. should be so close to its borders over a long period of time. Certainly, if the U.S. is going to be there for a long time, it's going to exacerbate regional tensions. - Ahmed Rashid Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's a lot harder to find fault with the mundane details of daily existence when you really, really know on a cellular level that you're going to go, and that this moment, right now, is life... - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 12 09-21-2017, 11:37 PM
Last Post: soni
  A lot of times, the choice of the right song will save a scene. Or there will be a scene that's a little flat and you put in the right song and somehow it just comes alive. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 12 09-20-2017, 07:10 PM
  I know a lot of shows are like, 'Here's the pages,' right before they start filming. I'd have a heart attack. The anxiety would be way too much for me. I don't have as strong a backbone as those other show writers. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 9 09-20-2017, 07:08 PM
  There are two things that I get a lot of pleasure from in my life, and that is, doing what I know how to do well - that really makes me happy... - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 16 09-18-2017, 09:33 PM
  I play tennis non-obsessively. I seem to beat people I play a lot or half the time, so I guess I gravitate to people who are as bad as I am. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 18 09-18-2017, 09:32 PM