I came close to signing Elvis Presley. I offered $25,000 for his contract and they asked for $45,000 and I just didn't have the other $20,000... - Ahmet Ertegun Quotes
Quote:I came close to signing Elvis Presley. I offered $25,000 for his contract and they asked for $45,000 and I just didn't have the other $20,000. I should have gotten the Beatles. But one of my lawyers kind of messed up. - Ahmet Ertegun Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It was a compromise. There was a sense that I could write my own memoirs, and Larry [Grobel] would help me down the line, or maybe not, maybe he was too close to me. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 0 11 minutes ago
Last Post: soni
  I once asked my oldest daughter [Julia Marie] if she thought about changing her name in school and she said, "No, I'm a Pacino. That's my name."... - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 0 15 minutes ago
  I understand the directors much more. I was always rebelling against them when I was a youngster, I didn't want to be told what to do. I had no identification. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 2 24 minutes ago
  The physical stamina [in Revolution]. I was just shocked by it. I didn't think I had it in me ever, and I wasn't terribly young when I did it... - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 2 24 minutes ago
  Pretty soon I'll start worrying about [my fame] because [my children] carry my name and they have that exposure. The whole thing is, they never asked for it, that kingdom. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 2 25 minutes ago