Everyone felt like they knew Ray Charles and in a way they did, because he was embodied by his music. - Ahmet Ertegun Quotes
Quote:Everyone felt like they knew Ray Charles and in a way they did, because he was embodied by his music. - Ahmet Ertegun Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I watched Elvis Presley become - I listened to Elvis Presley. I watched Chuck Berry become. I listened to Little Richard. I heard that music, and it was part of my upbringing. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 6 8 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  Obviously given good health, and a continuing audience and a record company that allows me to do music. So given those things yes, I'm introducing some new music that people haven't really heard me do in quite this fashion. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 5 8 hours ago
  I kind of knew something was going on, and my older brothers and sisters were singing be-boppish kinds of stuff in the living room, and I was listening. I started singing, warmer than a summer night, at seven or eight years old. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 5 8 hours ago
  I was age six or seven, and singing, "Jesus wants me for her son, beep, to shine for him," and people smiled and pinched my cheeks till the blood vessels broke, and I knew I was doing something right. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 5 8 hours ago
  My eyes went blank, and I stared off, and the music started. It was raining, and the sun was shining at the same time, and there were these big bay windows... - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 5 8 hours ago