I think we really need a movement to drive how popular culture understands the issues that feminists care about... - Ai-jen Poo Quotes
Quote:I think we really need a movement to drive how popular culture understands the issues that feminists care about. When I think about the LGBT movement for example, they have had a really intentional strategy to try to change images and representation of LGBT people in the media and the culture. It really moved the dial politically. That's what is needed in the women's movement - a strategy that can drive awareness and culture change. - Ai-jen Poo Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It seems to me the mark of a civilized society that certain privileges should be taken for granted such as education, health care and the safety to walk the streets. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 27 09-23-2017, 06:55 PM
Last Post: soni
  Why do we not care to acknowledge them? The cattle, the body count. We still don't like to admit the war was even partly... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 16 09-23-2017, 06:09 PM
  The appeal of reading, she thought, lay in its indifference: there was something undeferring about literature. Books did not care who was reading them or whether one read them or not... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 11 09-22-2017, 10:21 AM
  We live in a patriarchal culture. It's okay for women to be objectified but not for men. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 13 09-21-2017, 11:41 PM
  There is a fetishization of victimization in our culture. And I just am not interested in victimhood. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 16 09-21-2017, 11:41 PM