My definition of art has always been the same. It is about freedom of expression, a new way of communication... - Ai Weiwei Quotes
Quote:My definition of art has always been the same. It is about freedom of expression, a new way of communication. It is never about exhibiting in museums or about hanging it on the wall. Art should live in the heart of the people. Ordinary people should have the same ability to understand art as anybody else. I don’t think art is elite or mysterious. I don’t think anybody can separate art from politics. The intention to separate art from politics is itself a very political intention. - Ai Weiwei Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Definition of a classic: a book everyone is assumed to have read and often thinks they have. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 22 09-22-2017, 10:38 AM
Last Post: soni
  I'm all in favour of free expression provided it's kept rigidly under control. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 18 09-22-2017, 10:35 AM
  Art comes out of art; it begins with imitation, often in the form of parody, and it's in the process of imitating the voice of others that one comes to learn the sound of one's own. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 11 09-22-2017, 10:27 AM
  Our lives depend on good communication. Good communication helps personal relationships, it helps bosses and employees get along better. We rely on it. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 15 09-16-2017, 07:44 AM
  I've been lucky enough to live through all the things that are supposed to give meaning to our lives, like parenting, grandparenting, art, celebrity... - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 15 09-16-2017, 07:40 AM