The idea to use backpacks came from my visit to Sichuan after the earthquake in May 2008. During the earthquake many schools collapsed... - Ai Weiwei Quotes
Quote:The idea to use backpacks came from my visit to Sichuan after the earthquake in May 2008. During the earthquake many schools collapsed. Thousands of young students lost their lives, and you could see bags and study material everywhere. Then you realize individual life, media, and the lives of the students are serving very different purposes. The lives of the students disappeared within the state propaganda, and very soon everybody will forget everything. - Ai Weiwei Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Never hesitate to steal a good idea. - Al Neuharth Quotes soni 0 2 40 minutes ago
Last Post: soni
  You can always tell the Catholic schools by the length of the cheerleaders' skirts. - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 4 08-20-2017, 06:32 PM
  I work to promote the idea of sustainable capitalism driven by long-term considerations rather than quarterly profits, which seeks to better people's lives and the planet rather than destroy them. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-18-2017, 10:19 PM
  Distributed intelligence is the key to the advancement of human civilization. Dictatorships, communist countries, monarchies in the past all eventually collapsed because of their inefficiency in moving information. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 08-18-2017, 09:55 PM
  I know that it's probably not a good idea for a comedian, especially a satirist, to support a public policy group or a politician... - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 10 08-12-2017, 06:54 AM