I see the Beijing National Stadium as an architectural project. I accepted Herzog and De Meuron's invitation to collaborate on the design... - Ai Weiwei Quotes
Quote:I see the Beijing National Stadium as an architectural project. I accepted Herzog and De Meuron's invitation to collaborate on the design, and our proposal won the competition. From beginning to end, I stayed with the project. I am committed to fostering relationships between a city and its architecture. - Ai Weiwei Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's the one species I wouldn't mind seeing vanish from the face of the earth. I wish they were like the White Rhinosix of them left in the Serengeti National Park, and all males. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 16 09-23-2017, 06:26 PM
Last Post: soni
  Bad architecture is in the end as much a failure of psychology as of design. It is an example expressed through materials of the same tendencies... - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 20 09-11-2017, 07:40 AM
  to design means forcing ourselves to unlearn what we believe we already know, patiently to take apart the mechanisms behind our reflexes... - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 14 09-08-2017, 08:37 PM
  It is in dialogue with pain that many beautiful things acquire their value. Acquaintance with grief turns out to be one of the more unusual prerequisites of architectural appreciation... - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 13 09-08-2017, 08:27 PM
  In reality, the likelihood of reaching the pinnacle of capitalist society today is only marginally better than were the chances of being accepted... - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 8 09-08-2017, 08:15 PM