To survive, China had to open up to the West. It could not survive otherwise. This was after many millions have died... - Ai Weiwei Quotes
Quote:To survive, China had to open up to the West. It could not survive otherwise. This was after many millions have died of hunger in a country that was like North Korea is today. Once we became part of global competition, we had to agree to some rules. It's painful, but we had to. Otherwise there was no way to survive. - Ai Weiwei Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I did a whole concert in Atlanta with my fly open, and I had a black suit on and a white shirt. My white shirt was protruding from the fly. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 1 22 minutes ago
Last Post: soni
  Sri Chinmoy was a once in a lifetime spiritual leader who touched the lives of millions of people through his teachings, art, athletics, and music... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 9 hours ago
  I want to extend condolences to the families of those who died in the service of the United Nations. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 9 hours ago
  Many of the green places and open spaces that need protecting most today are in our own neighborhoods... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 08-17-2017, 07:03 AM
  There are some bright spots, to be sure, but the internet is still in a Wild West phase, as was the case during the early age of the printing press as well. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 08-16-2017, 07:58 AM