To survive, China had to open up to the West. It could not survive otherwise. This was after many millions have died... - Ai Weiwei Quotes
Quote:To survive, China had to open up to the West. It could not survive otherwise. This was after many millions have died of hunger in a country that was like North Korea is today. Once we became part of global competition, we had to agree to some rules. It's painful, but we had to. Otherwise there was no way to survive. - Ai Weiwei Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A girl becomes a wife with her eyes wide open. She knows that those sweetest words, 'I take thee to be my wedded husband,' really mean... - Alan Beck Quotes soni 0 16 09-21-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: soni
  As the centuries unfold, millions of artists will live on the moon and paint the moon and Mars as we go out into the universe. - Alan Bean Quotes soni 0 17 09-19-2017, 10:38 PM
  The one hour live debate in the West Wing that we did was one of the most exciting times for me on stage or on camera, because anything could go wrong. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 24 09-18-2017, 09:34 PM
  If you know what you're looking for, that's all you'll get - what's previously known. But when you're open to what's possible, you get something new - that's creativity. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 16 09-17-2017, 11:20 PM
  Working on The West Wing was similar in many ways to my experience on M*A*S*H, because you had people willing to work late at night to get it just right. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 18 09-16-2017, 07:43 AM