To great sections of the church the art of worship has been lost entirely, and in its place has come that strange and foreign... - Aiden Wilson Tozer Quotes
Quote:To great sections of the church the art of worship has been lost entirely, and in its place has come that strange and foreign thing called the 'program.' This word has been borrowed from the stage and applied with sad wisdom to the type of public service which now passes for worship among us. - Aiden Wilson Tozer Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You know, it's no accident that the great painters came from areas like Europe where there is a lot of clouds and rain... - Al Hirschfeld Quotes soni 0 6 11 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  Life is an art, not a science. You make it up as you go along. - Al Hirschfeld Quotes soni 0 5 11 hours ago
  Theres a lot of churches that hide their dirty laundry under the rug, and I know about that from being in the church 27 years. Oh, yeah. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 6 11 hours ago
  I learned more stuff in church than I did in the world. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 1 11 hours ago
  The climate, financial and national security crises are all connected. They share the same cause: Our [the USA's] absurd dependency on foreign oil... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 Yesterday, 10:27 PM