To understand a Bible text it takes an act of the Holy Spirit equal to the act that inspired the text in the first place... - Aiden Wilson Tozer Quotes
Quote:To understand a Bible text it takes an act of the Holy Spirit equal to the act that inspired the text in the first place. A revelation of the Holy Spirit in one glorious flash of inward illumination would teach you more of Jesus than five years in a theological seminary. - Aiden Wilson Tozer Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It [Cambridge] wasn't a holy grail in the sense that I'd never been to Cambridge. But then, when I did go, the contrast between Leeds... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 35 09-23-2017, 07:01 PM
Last Post: soni
  The nearest my parents came to alcohol was at Holy Communion and they utterly overestimated its effects. However bad the weather... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 7 09-23-2017, 06:01 PM
  We have fish and chips, which W. and I fetch from the shop in Settle market-place. Some local boys come in and there is a bit of chat between... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 8 09-23-2017, 05:58 PM
  Never read the Bible as if it means something. Or at any rate don't try and mean it. Nor prayers. The liturgy is best treated and read as if it's someone announcing the departure of trains. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 19 09-22-2017, 10:31 AM
  The majority of people perform well in a crisis and when the spotlight is on them; it's on the Sunday afternoons of this life, when nobody is looking, that the spirit falters. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 11 09-22-2017, 10:13 AM