We now demand glamour and fast-flowing dramatic action. A generation of Christians reared among push buttons and automatic... - Aiden Wilson Tozer Quotes
Quote:We now demand glamour and fast-flowing dramatic action. A generation of Christians reared among push buttons and automatic machines is impatient of slower and less direct methods of reaching their goals...The tragic results of this spirit all all about us: shallow lives, hollow religious philosophies...the glorification of men, trust is religious externalities....salesmanship methods, the mistaking of dynamic personality for the power of the Spirit. These and such of these are the symptoms of an evil disease. - Aiden Wilson Tozer Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I think a singer is an athlete. I've always tried to stay fit. Until my knee said, "Uh-uh," I was jogging. Then I started walking. They don't like walking a lot, but I'll push them. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 7 Yesterday, 11:12 PM
Last Post: soni
  You can push your local communities to adopt more sustainable sources of energy and environmentally-friendly practices. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 08-18-2017, 10:25 PM
  The American people overwhelmingly want our troops out of Iraq. They want the federal government to take real and immediate action... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 08-18-2017, 10:14 PM
  There is the natural tendency that all of us are vulnerable to, to deny unpleasant realities and to look for any excuse to push them away and resolve to think about them another day long in the future. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 10 08-18-2017, 07:21 AM
  The crisis is a concrete threatening reality today. It stands to get catastrophically worse unless we take action before the accumulation... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 10 08-18-2017, 07:21 AM