The Bible is the written word of God, and because it is written it is confined and limited by the necessities of ink and paper and leather... - Aiden Wilson Tozer Quotes
Quote:The Bible is the written word of God, and because it is written it is confined and limited by the necessities of ink and paper and leather. The Voice of God, however, is alive and free as the sovereign God is free. 'The words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.' The life is in the speaking words. God's word in the Bible can have power only because it corresponds to God's Word in the universe. It is the present Voice which makes the written word powerful. Otherwise it would lie locked in slumber within the covers of a book. - Aiden Wilson Tozer Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No mention of God. They keep Him up their sleeves for as long as they can, vicars do. They know it puts people off. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 21 09-23-2017, 06:50 PM
Last Post: soni
  God doesn't do notes, either. Did Jesus Christ say, "Can I be excused the Crucifixion?" No! - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 21 09-23-2017, 06:07 PM
  Never read the Bible as if it means something. Or at any rate don't try and mean it. Nor prayers. The liturgy is best treated and read as if it's someone announcing the departure of trains. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 18 09-22-2017, 10:31 AM
  Kafka could never have written as he did had he lived in a house. His writing is that of someone whose whole life was spent in apartments... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 17 09-22-2017, 10:31 AM
  I have a final word of advice to our students. If you work very, very hard, this is the kind of actor, writer and director you may turn out to be, and if you work extra hard, this is the kind of person you may turn out to be. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 16 09-18-2017, 09:30 PM