Our mistake is that we want God to send revival on our terms. We want to get the power of God into our hands, to call it to us that it may work.... - Aiden Wilson Tozer Quotes
Quote:Our mistake is that we want God to send revival on our terms. We want to get the power of God into our hands, to call it to us that it may work for us in promoting and furthering our kind of Christianity. We want still to be in charge, guiding the chariot through the religious sky in the direction we want it to go, shouting “Glory to God,” but modestly accepting a share of the glory for ourselves in a nice inoffensive sort of way. We are calling on God to send fire on our altars, completely ignoring the fact that they are OUR altars and not God’s.... - Aiden Wilson Tozer Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The physical relationship between CO2 molecules and the atmosphere and the trapping of heat is as well-established as gravity, for God's sakes. It's not some mystery. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 10 Yesterday, 07:20 AM
Last Post: soni
  I doubt nuclear power will play a much larger role than it does now. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 Yesterday, 07:18 AM
  Throughout most of my life, I raised tobacco. I want you to know that my own hands, all of my life, I put in the plant beds and transferred it!... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 10 Yesterday, 07:15 AM
  The symbolism - and the substantive significance - of planting a tree has universal power in every culture and every society on Earth... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 07:08 AM
  I saw the logarithmic growth of computer power... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 06:55 AM