A church can wither as surely under the ministry of soulless Bible exposition as it can where no Bible is given... - Aiden Wilson Tozer Quotes
Quote:A church can wither as surely under the ministry of soulless Bible exposition as it can where no Bible is given. To be effective the preacher's message must be alive; it must alarm, arouse, challenge; it must be God's present voice to a particular people. Then, and not till then, is it the prophetic word and the man himself a prophet. - Aiden Wilson Tozer Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American democracy is in grave danger from the changes in the environment in which ideas either live and spread or wither and die. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 08:10 AM
Last Post: soni
  For me, the Church is the enemy. - Al Goldstein Quotes soni 0 9 08-13-2017, 07:39 AM
  There are certain books in the world which every searcher for truth must know: the Bible, the Critique of Pure Reason, the Origin of Species, and Karl Marx's Capital. - Al Capp Quotes soni 0 9 08-09-2017, 04:32 PM
  For a guy who used to steal watches on the streets of Chandni Chowk for kicks, I surely think my success at the age of 22 was pretty early! - Akshay Kumar Quotes soni 0 10 08-08-2017, 07:22 AM
  Despair, in short, seeks its own environment as surely as water finds its own level. - Al Alvarez Quotes soni 0 5 08-07-2017, 07:06 PM