I am the drying meadow; you the unspoken apology; he is the fluctuating distance between mother and son; she is the first gesture that creates... - Aimee Bender Quotes
Quote:I am the drying meadow; you the unspoken apology; he is the fluctuating distance between mother and son; she is the first gesture that creates a quiet that is full enough to make the baby sleep. My genes, my love, are rubber bands and rope; make yourself a structure you can live inside. Amen. - Aimee Bender Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I was a child, and my mother was psychotic. She loved me, but I didn't really feel I had a mother... - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 16 09-17-2017, 11:17 PM
Last Post: soni
  My mother didn't try to stab my father until I was six, but she must have shown signs of oddness before that. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 17 09-16-2017, 07:51 AM
  On peut dire que son esprit brille aux dépens de sa mémoire (One may say that his wit shines by the help of his memory). - Alain-Rene Lesage Quotes soni 0 15 09-14-2017, 01:09 PM
  On n'e chappe pas a' son sort. One cannot escape destiny. - Alain Robbe-Grillet Quotes soni 0 16 09-14-2017, 12:40 PM
  It is sometimes said that we drink our religion with our mother's milk. - Al-Ghazali Quotes soni 0 15 09-01-2017, 06:12 PM