I am the drying meadow; you the unspoken apology; he is the fluctuating distance between mother and son; she is the first gesture that creates... - Aimee Bender Quotes
Quote:I am the drying meadow; you the unspoken apology; he is the fluctuating distance between mother and son; she is the first gesture that creates a quiet that is full enough to make the baby sleep. My genes, my love, are rubber bands and rope; make yourself a structure you can live inside. Amen. - Aimee Bender Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What motivated me? My mother. My mother was an immigrant woman, a peasant woman, struggled all her life, worked in the garment center. - Al Lewis Quotes soni 0 7 Yesterday, 08:20 AM
Last Post: soni
  Understood what the struggle was about. My mother. Couldn't read or write, but she had more sense than many a graduate from Harvard. - Al Lewis Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 08:20 AM
  Don't call me son unless you're going to include me in your will. (When Adolph Rupp called him, "Son.") - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 4 08-20-2017, 06:33 PM
  Let that get you up in the morning and put the light in your eyes. I'm telling you, it makes you a better husband, mother, father, neighbor, citizen... - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 10 08-19-2017, 11:15 PM
  I was age six or seven, and singing, "Jesus wants me for her son, beep, to shine for him," and people smiled and pinched my cheeks till the blood vessels broke, and I knew I was doing something right. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 8 08-19-2017, 11:13 PM